Search and Rescue (SAR) professionals wear many hats during their careers. Logistics and protocol gobble up much of your training time while ground pounding and search grids often consume the lion's share of SAR professional. However, the “technical rope rescue” side of things is always the elephant in the room; less than 10% of any given team can truly wrap their head around all that goes into this stuff.
Our goal here at Rigging Lab Academy is to minimize the time allotment for learning critical technical concepts and set you on a path to higher learning and a solid knowledge base.
Look into the world of artificial high directionals in the backcountry
Critical components for rigging light and fast systems
When and where to bolt
The use of cams for anchors when the choice for anchors are limited
Limiting tension within systems
Spanning huge gaps without the need for highlines.
This course is brought to you through the efforts of multiple Rigging Lab Academy Instructors. These instructors have hand-selected material from their full-featured courses — all of which are exclusively available here at Rigging Lab Academy — and contributed them to a specific section or unit of this course. By blending the teachings of various instructors, Rigging Lab Academy members will gain exposure to different areas of expertise, course materials, and teaching methodologies.
- 1.1 Welcome
- 1.2 Knots, Bends & Hitches: The Basics for Rope Rescue, Work Access & SAR Systems
- 1.3 Video Tutorial: Knots, Bends & Hitches: The Basics for Rope Rescue, Work Access & SAR Systems
- 2.1 Gin Pole Usage Overview
- 2.2 Video Tutorial: Gin Pole Usage
- 3.1 Mirrored Skate Block System Overview
- 3.2 Video Tutorial: Mirrored Skate Block System Overview
- 4.1 Drilling with Legacy Bolts
- 4.2 Video Tutorial: Drilling with Legacy Bolts
- 5.1 Quiz: Managing Friction: Anchor Considerations in Rope Rigging Systems
- 5.15 Video Tutorial: Fundamentals of Edge Work
- 5.2 Video Tutorial: Managing Friction: Anchor Considerations in Rope Rigging Systems
- 5.4 Video Tutorial: Edge Safety in Search and Rescue - Travel Restraint
- 5.4 Video Tutorial: Edge Safety in Search and Rescue - Work Positioning in SAR
- 6.1 The T-Method, Part 1
- 6.2 Video Tutorial: The T-Method, Part 1
- 7.1 Limiting Tension, Part 1
- 7.2 Video Tutorial: Limiting Tension, Part 1
- 8.1 Quiz: Understanding Resultants: A Case Study
- 8.2 Video Tutorial: Understanding Resultants
- 9.1 Quiz: Class 3 Litter Handling